Best of Parenting 2023

Best of Parenting 2023

Sep 20, 2016

#BEYONDexpectations

Below is an update from Katie D., Director of Branches Ministries.  She recently traveled to Louisiana to deliver the first round of donations our parents contributed to flood victims.  It is so inspiring to hear this news and see giving in action...

I hope you all had a great weekend! Last week was probably one of the best weeks of my life! Paige helped me load up a truck and I drove everything down to Louisiana. I can’t thank you enough for joining forces with Branches to make this event possible. The more I drove to your centers and watched the Branches office overflow with supplies and gifts the more joy and gratitude I had for what I have the privilege to do everyday! THANK YOU!!!!

Kiara (the teacher coordinating the drive) was so thankful! Her class unload the truck and showed me the donation center the school has set up in an unused storage area. Creating a “store” for flood victims to come and “shop” at has given the community a sense of dignity in such a tragic and horrible time. The students were so appreciative and could hardly believe we drove from TN to help. I told her we would love to continue the drive if they were still needing the support. They were very appreciative of our continual support and asked if we could focus the remaining of our drive on a few specific things. They are in desperate need of khakis, their county has a dress code and they are having an issue supplying the displaced students with uniforms. They are also in need of school supplies (see list below):

New and Used:
Khaki shorts (not cargo style)
Khaki pants
Khaki skirts 
 
School Supplies:
Binders
Loose paper
Copy Paper
Scissors
Pens
Pencils
Notebooks
Folders

Katie D. (far left) delivering donations.

We will continue to collect donations until the end of September.  Drop off box is in the front lobby.