Best of Parenting 2023

Best of Parenting 2023

Mar 13, 2017

2017 SECA Conference

Last week I was fortunate to attend the 68th Annual SECA (Southern Early Childhood Association) Conference.  I got to attend over 10 training workshops to learn about the latest trends in Early Childhood Education.  A few of the topics I attended were...

Supporting Executive Function and Self Regulation
Social and Emotional Learning Skills for Young Children
Enhancing Dramatic Play with Vygotsky Theory
Promoting Language Development
Changing Parent's Nutrition at Home
Your Leadership Stance: A Conversation About How You Are

I was also blessed to connect to educators all over the south and share ideas.  It was an experience I won't forget.  I'm looking forward to sharing my new knowledge with our entire school family.

 All the SECA "fossils"

 Learning about executive function.

 Fun with music to promote self-regulation skills.

 Learning about loose parts.



 Learning about the Vygotsky Theory



 Listening to our keynote speak on Language Development skills


 Helping families with nutrition at home


 Learning the benefits of mud play.


Seeing new learning tools in the exhibitor hall!



 A magnet robot with recycled materials!